The WVU Office of Global Affairs is pleased to announce the first-ever Faculty Award for Outstanding Global Contributions. This award of $3,000 recognizes faculty who have made significant contributions to WVU’s global efforts—whether through long-term commitment to working with international students, numerous years of leading education abroad, or a one-time major-impact engagement.
Applicants must be full-time faculty at the time
of nomination; faculty may be nominated as individuals or as members of a team
engaging in exemplary and significant work in the realm of international and
global engagement (on- or off-campus) in any combination of the land-grant missions
of teaching, research, or service.
Capacity-building for WVU’s strategic interests will be a deciding
factor in determining the award’s recipient(s).
Nomination packets should consist of
- A 3-5 page mission statement outlining the
effort and effect of the contribution to WVU’s global engagement (e.g., a
description of an education abroad course and brief review of the course’s
impact; description of a research or service project with international
colleagues or global reach)
- CV for the faculty member (or a CV for each member of the team)
- One letter of recommendation from the unit leader (e.g., department chair) (for a team, one letter of recommendation from the unit leader for each team member, or one letter for the team if the team is in one unit)
- If referenced in the mission statement, and if it adds substantially to the nomination package, other documentation may be included, such as:
- Supporting material (e.g., syllabus, budget, student journals or assignments; RFP or grant application; conference paper abstract)
- External/other letters of recommendation
The award winner will be recognized at the annual Faculty and Staff Awards events, along with winners of such other WVU recognitions as the Heebink, Benedum, and Foundation Outstanding Teaching Awards.