Latin America Travel Funding
A joint initiative between the Office of the Provost and Global Affairs, the Latin American Travel Fund is established to promote academic collaboration and research across Latin America. The funds are dedicated to developing collaboration with Latin American universities and recruiting graduate assistant from the region.
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Martinique, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
- Develop sustainable relationships with universities and/or research agencies in Latin America.
- Identify key sources of scholarly collaboration to advance the University's footprint in Latin America.
- Meet with prospective graduate students who can contribute to the projects in research and teaching.
- Each awardee is eligible for up to two (2) awards.
- Each awardee may be awarded up to $4,000, but not more than $2,500 per award.
- There is no application deadline; however, all funds must be awarded, distributed, and utilized in Fiscal Year 2019-2020 (ending June 30, 2020). Proposals will be considered on a rolling basis, meaning funding may be awarded quickly.
- Preference will be given to projects that have departmental funding support.
- Summary of the proposed travel/project (2 pg. max):
- What countries are involved?
- What are the goals of the travel?
- How will this benefit the University?
- Budget narrative:
- Narrative of fund usage.
- List expected expenses.
- Letter of Support from Department Chair or College Dean.
- Can be submitted via application below, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.