Education Abroad to Portal Locations
The Office of Global Affairs is pleased to offer the Education Abroad to Portal Locations Grant to help promote education abroad opportunities for students in locations that coincide with the locations of WVU’s Global Portals. These priority areas are the Middle East, Latin America, and Asia. These funds are designated to help cover faculty expenses for exploratory trips that will yield education abroad opportunities for WVU students.
- Funds can be used to cover expenses such as airfare, lodging, meals, and cultural activities related to developing an education abroad experience,
- Funds cannot be used for faculty salary, or for salary subsidization.
- Preference may be given to proposals that incorporate GEF curriculum into education abroad.
- Preference may be given to proposals that have supporting funds from their department, college, or outside source to support exploratory expenses.
- A total of FIVE (5) grants will be awarded. No award amount will be greater than $4,000.00.
Due Date: April 1, 2017
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Education Abroad to Portal Locations Grant.
- List of faculty involved and department/center affiliation
- Summary of proposed education abroad program (two page max)
- Please include information on proposed academic offerings.
- Please include detailed information on location of exploratory trip and relevance to proposed academic offerings.
- Budget narrative
- Please provide a breakdown of expected expenses
- Please include any other funding sources available
- Letter of Support from Department Chair and College Dean
All submissions will be evaluated internally. Application materials must be uploaded as an attachment, preferably in PDF format.