The Office of Global Affairs' mission is to establish a Global University. Through comprehensive and strategic internationalization, we strive to prepare globally-minded graduates who are prepared to excel as part of an increasingly global workforce.
A Global University is one in which international experiences and perspectives are fully integrated into the institution's teaching and learning, research, and discovery, and outreach and engagement mission. - Dr. William Brustein, Vice President for Global Strategies and International Affairs
Through our eight goals we hope to achieve this mission:
- Increase the international experience for undergraduate, graduate, and professional students.
- Increase the percentage of international students and faculty and facilitate their integration into the campus community.
- Increase international engagements and collaboration for faculty.
- Promote scholarship on major global issues.
- Create and expand robust international partnerships.
- Recognize international accomplishments in P&T processes.
- Develop an international physical presence.
- Promote collaboration with and support from WVU's international alumni, globally-oriented West Virginia business, and the local community.
- Value proposition